- Install idler gear assembly (9) and retaining plate (8) on the engine oil pump. Install bolt (7) .
- Check the end play for the gear assembly. The end play for the gear assembly is 0.05 to 0.35 mm (0.002 to 0.014 inch).
- Use Tooling (A) to install bearing (5) in idler gear assembly (3) .
- Align the timing marks on idler gear assembly with the holes on the camshaft gear and the crankshaft gear. Install thrust plate (1) , idler shaft (2) , idler gear assembly (3) , and retaining plate (6) on the cylinder block. Install bolts (4) and tighten to a torque of 70 ± 15 N·m (52 ± 11 lb ft).
- Calibrate the speed/timing sensor. Refer to Troubleshooting, “Engine Speed/Timing Sensor – Calibrate ” for the calibration procedure.
End By: Install the front housing. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Housing (Front) – Install”.