Remove Timing Gear Cover And Oil Pump
a) remove oil pan
b) remove crankshaft pulley
1. Remove nuts (2) and tachometer drive cover (1).
2. Remove bolts (3) and front support (4).
3. Loosen clamp (5) and disconnect hose (6) from the timing gear cover.
4. Remove clips (8) and then disconnect three lines (7).
5. Remove clamp (9) from the water sleeve.
6. Install tool (A) on the water sleeve and then push water sleeve (10) into the front cover.
7. Remove two bolts (11), connector (12) and the gasket behind it.
8. Remove bolts (13), elbow (14) and the gasket behind it.
9. Remove bolt (15) and then disconnect clamp (16) that holds the oil pump sump tube.
10. Install tooling (B) in the front cover and then fasten a hoist. Remove all the bolts that hold timing gear cover to the cylinder block. Remove the cover (17) and oil pump. The weight of the timing gear cover and oil pump is 136 lb. (62 kg).
Be extra careful not to cause damage to the crankshaft front seal during removal and installation of the timing gear cover.
Install Timing Gear Cover And Oil Pump
1. Clean the contact surfaces of the cylinder block and timing gear cover. Install the timing gear cover gasket on the cylinder block.
NOTE: Make sure the water sleeves are installed in the timing gear cover. Put oil on the seals on the water sleeves.
2. Install tooling (A) on timing gear cover (1).
3. Put the cover in position and make an alignment of the dowels and their respective holes. Install the bolts that hold cover (1) to the cylinder block.
4. Connect clamp (3) that holds the oil pump sump tube. Install bolt (2).
5. Install gasket and elbow (4) on the timing gear cover with the bolts (5) that hold it.
6. Install gasket and connector (7) in the cover and install the bolts (6) that hold it.
7. Install tool (B) on water sleeve (8), then push water sleeve into the cylinder block.
8. Install clamps (9) on the water sleeve.
9. Connect three lines (10) and install the clips (11) that hold them.
10. Install hose (13) on timing gear cover and install clamp (12).
11. Put engine support (16) in position and install the bolts (17) that hold it.
12. Put tachometer cover (15) in position and install the nuts (14) that hold it.
a) install crankshaft pulley
b) install oil pan