|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||367-3070||Fuel Injector Installer and Removal Tooling||1|
|C||–||1/2 inch drive breaker bar||1|
- Remove the valve mechanism cover. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Valve Mechanism Cover – Remove and Install”.
|Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Drain the coolant, oil, and fuel from the cylinder head. Remove the oil galley plug (1), fuel galley plug (2), and coolant line (3) .
- Disconnect harness assembly (4) .
- Remove socket head bolts (6) from unit injector (5), and remove rocker shaft bolt (7) .
- Install Tooling (A). Use Tooling (A) to remove unit Injector (5) .
Note: Do not use a wire brush on the tip of the unit injector. Damage to the unit injector will occur.
- Remove O-ring seal (10), O-ring seal (11), and O-ring seal (12) from unit injector (5) .
- Remove backup ring (8), backup ring (9), and backup ring (13) .