Remove Oil Pan
Fluid Spillage Containment
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids. Refer to “Tools And Shop Products Guide”, NENG2500 for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in Caterpillar machines. Dispose fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Drain the oil from the engine into a suitable container for storage or disposal.
2. Remove bolts (1), and remove oil pan (2).
Install Oil Pan
1. Install the gasket for the oil pan. Install a new gasket if needed.
2. Put the oil pan in position on the engine, and install the bolts that hold it in place. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 23 ± 4 N·m (17 ± 3 lb ft).
3. Tighten the oil pan drain plug to a torque of 70 ± 14 (50 ± 10 lb ft).
4. Fill the engine with oil to the correct level. See the Operation & Maintenance Manual.