Remove Crankshaft Rear Seal And Wear Sleeve
a) remove flywheel
1. Remove the crankshaft rear seal from the flywheel housing with tooling (A).
2. Install tool (C) in the rear seal bore.
3. Install tool (B) between tool (C) and the wear sleeve. Turn tool (B) until the edge of the tool makes a flat place (crease) in the wear sleeve. Do this in two or more places until the wear sleeve is loose.
4. Remove tool (C) and the wear sleeve by hand.
Install Crankshaft Rear Seal And Wear Sleeve
1. Install the crankshaft rear seal and wear sleeve with tooling (A) as follows:
a) Clean and make a preparation of the wear sleeve inside diameter and crankshaft outside diameter with 6V1541 Quick Cure Primer. Make an application of 9S3265 Retaining Compound to crankshaft outside diameter and wear sleeve inside diameter before the wear sleeve is installed on the crankshaft.
b) Install locator (3) and the bolts on the rear of the crankshaft.
c) Put clean engine oil on the lip of seal (1) and install the seal on wear sleeve (2).
d) Put 7F2770 Cement on the outer metal surface of the seal.
e) Put the wear sleeve (2) and seal (1) in position on locator (3) with the outside diameter bevel of the wear sleeve toward the outside.
NOTE: Make sure the lip of the seal is toward the front of the engine before the seal is pushed into position as shown.
f) Put installer (5) in position on the locator.
g) Put clean engine oil on the face of nut (4) and install it on the locator. Tighten the nut until installer (5) is at bottom.
h) Remove tooling (A) and check the wear sleeve and seal for the correct position after installation.
a) install flywheel