EL-740 Air Compressor Inspection – Cylinder Head And Components
NOTE: If component part measurements are not within the “Specifications” limits, the parts must be replaced.
1. Examine the cylinder head for cracks and damaged threads. All gasket surfaces and inlet valve surfaces must be free of nicks and gouges. Replace the cylinder head, if damaged.
2. Inspect the inlet and exhaust cavities for carbon deposits. Remove all carbon and clean the cavities.
3. Examine the exhaust valve seats for damage or wear. Measure the distance from the top of the valve seat to the valve seating surface. Dimensions must be within limits in the “Specifications” section. If the part is not within specified limits, discard and use a new part.
4. Examine the exhaust valve cages for damage or excessive wear.
A. Overall length. If parts are not within limits in the “Specifications” section, parts must be discarded and replaced with new parts.
B. Measure the distance from the tip (valve end) of the exhaust valve cage to the surface where the spring sets (this distance is to include any wear caused by the spring). If parts are not within limits in the “Specifications” section, parts must be discarded and replaced.
5. Examine the inlet valve guard for nicks, burrs or deformed parts. Damaged parts must be replaced.Categories: EL-740 | Leave a comment