- Remove valve mechanism cover.
Note: Refer to Specification UENR0995 "Engine Design" for non-specified engine Torque Values.
- Remove bolts (2) and brackets (1) .
- Remove rocker shaft assembly (5) from cylinder head (8) .
- Place an identification mark on pushrods (7) in order to show the location. Remove pushrods (7) from cylinder head (8) .
Note: Identification will ensure that the pushrods can be reinstalled in the original positions. Do not interchange the positions of used pushrods.
- Remove valve bridge arms (9) .
- Install rocker shaft assembly (5) and pushrods (7) in the reverse order of removal.
- For the C3.3B Install bolts (6) and tighten to a torque of 49 to 55 N·m (37 to 41 lb ft).
- For the C2.6 Install bolts (6) and tighten to a torque of 24 to 27 N·m (18 ± 20 lb ft).
- Position brackets (1) and install bolts (2) and tighten bolts (2) to a torque of 24 to 27 N·m (18 to 20 lb ft) .
- Position tube assembly (4) and install bolts (3) and tighten bolts (3) to a torque of 9.8 to 11.2 N·m (87 to 100 lb in).
- Adjust the inlet valve lash and the exhaust valve lash to 0.13 to 0.17 mm (0.005 to 0.007 inch). Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Engine Valve Lash - Inspect/Adjust".