|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||5S-1330||Valve Spring Compressor||1|
- Remove cylinder head.
Note: Refer to Specification UENR0995 "Engine Design" for non-specified engine Torque Values.
- Clean the bottom mating surface of the cylinder head. Check the depth of the valves below the face of the cylinder head before the valve springs are removed. Refer to Specifications, "Cylinder Head Valves" for the correct dimensions.
- Place a temporary identification mark on the heads of the valves in order to identify the correct position.
- Use a suitable lifting device to position the cylinder head with the valve springs upward. The weight of the cylinder head is approximately 23 kg (51 lb).
- Install Tooling (A) in position on cylinder head (2) and compress the valve spring in order to remove inlet and exhaust valves (1) .
- Apply sufficient pressure to Tooling (A) in order to remove valve keepers (3) .
Personal injury can result from being struck by parts propelled by a released spring force.
Make sure to wear all necessary protective equipment.
Follow the recommended procedure and use all recommended tooling to release the spring force.
Ensure that the valve spring is compressed squarely or damage to the valve stem may occur.
- Slowly release pressure on Tooling (A) .
- Place a temporary identification mark on valve spring (5) in order to identify the correct position.
- Remove valve spring retainer (4) . Remove valve spring (5) and inlet and exhaust valves (6) .
- Repeat Step 4 through Step 8 for the remaining valves.
- Remove Tooling (A) .
- Use a suitable lifting device in order to turn over cylinder head (2) .
- Remove the inlet and exhaust valves.
- Install inlet and exhaust valves (6) in the reverse order of removal.
- Clean all components of the cylinder head assembly. Ensure that all ports, all coolant passages, and all lubrication passages in the cylinder head are free from debris. Replace any components that are worn or damaged.
- Lubricate the stems of valves (6) with clean engine oil. Install valves (6) in the appropriate positions in the cylinder head. Check the depth of the valves below the face of the cylinder head. Refer to System Operation, Testing and Adjusting, "Valve Depth - Inspect" for more information.