- Raise the cab.
- Release the hydraulic system pressure.
Do not tilt the cab using an open door. The door must be closed and latched when lifting the cab. The door may become dislodged from its hinges and may cause serious personal injury or death.
Do not go beneath cab unless cab is empty and support lever is engaged.
Failure to follow the instructions or heed the warnings could result in injury or death.
Hot engine components can cause injury from burns. Before performing maintenance on the engine, allow the engine and the components to cool.
Wear goggles, gloves, protective clothing, and a National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) approved P95 or N95 half-face respirator when handling a used Diesel Particulate Filter or Catalytic Converter Muffler. Failure to do so could result in personal injury.
The muffler, catalytic converter/muffler, and diesel particulate filter will become extremely hot during engine operation. A hot muffler, catalytic converter/muffler and diesel particulate filter can cause serious burns. Allow adequate cooling time before working on or near the muffler, catalytic converter/muffler and diesel particulate filter.
Do not strike any part of the assembly of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). Do not allow any object to contact the internal element of the DPF. If the internal element of the DPF becomes damaged, the assembly must be replaced.
- Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil - Change".
- Disconnect hose (5), hose assemblies (7), bracket (8), hose assemblies (9), clips (10), harness assemblies (11), hose assemblies (12). Attach a suitable lifting device to valve (13). Remove bolts (6) and reposition valve (13) .
- Disconnect cable assembly (15), and hose assembly (16). Remove tube assemblies (14) .
- Disconnect hose (19). Remove bracket (17) and reposition hydraulic tank (18) forward.
- Use suitable lifting device to remove diesel particulate filter (24). The weight of diesel particulate filter (23) is approximately 32 kg (70 lb).
- Install diesel particulate filter (24) in the reverse order of removal.
- Tighten bolts (23) to a torque of 52 ± 3 N·m (38 ± 2 lb ft).