Note: Apply engine oil to the threads of the crankcase bolts prior to assembly.
|Tightening torque||Crankcase bolts A thru J||C2.6 - 128 to 137 N·m (94 to 101 lb ft)
C3.3B - 138 to 147 N·m (102 to 108 lb ft)
|Crankcase bolts K thru Z||C2.6 - 49 to 55 N·m (36 to 41 lb ft)
C3.3B - 59 to 63 N·m (44 to 46 lb ft)
- Measure the inside diameter of the cylinder at the six positions with a cylinder gauge to find the maximum and minimum inside diameters.
- Get the difference (Maximum wear) between the maximum and the minimum inside diameters.
Table 2 Cylinder bore inside diameter New C2.6 - 87.000 to 87.022 mm (3.42519 to 3.42606 inch)
C3.3B - 94.000 to 94.022 mm (3.7008 to 3.7016 inch)
Allowable limit C2.6 -
87.15 mm (3.431 inch)
C3.3B - 94.15 mm (3.707 inch)
(a) Right-angled to piston pin
(b) Piston pin direction
- If the wear exceeds the allowable limit, bore and hone to the oversize dimension.
- Visually check the cylinder wall for scratches. If deep scratches are found, the cylinder should be bored.
- When the cylinder is worn beyond the allowable limit, bore and hone it to the specified dimension.
Table 3 Cylinder inside diameter (Oversize) New C2.6 - 87.250 to 87.272 mm (3.43503 to 3.43590 inch)
C3.3B - 94.500 to 94.522 mm (3.7205 to 3.7213 inch)
Maximum wear Allowable limit C2.6 -
87.40 mm (3.441 inch)
C3.3B - 94.65 mm (3.726 inch)
Finishing Hone to 2.2 to 3.0 Rz
(0.000087 to 0.00011 inch Rz)
(1) Cylinder Inside Diameter (Before Correction)
(2) Oversize Dimension
- Replace the piston and piston rings with oversize 0.5 mm (0.02 inch) pistons.
Note: When the oversize cylinder is worn beyond the allowable limit, replace the cylinder block with a new one.