- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the flywheel housing.
- Remove the front housing.
- Remove eight main bolts (5) from crankshaft (1) . Flip the cylinder block over and remove two main bolts (5) .
- Use a suitable lifting device and remove upper cylinder block (7) from lower cylinder block (6) .
- Remove upper main bearings (8) from crankshaft (1) , if necessary.
- Remove two upper half thrust bearing (9) and two lower half thrust bearing (10) from the crankshaft (1) .
- Use a suitable lifting device and remove crankshaft (1) . The weight of crankshaft (1) is approximately 25 kg (55 lb)
- Remove lower halves of main bearing (11) from lower half of cylinder block (6) .
Note: Check the condition of the crankshaft main bearings. Refer to the Guideline For Reusable Parts, SEBF8009, "Main and Connecting Rod Bearings" or refer to the Guideline For Reusable Parts, SEBV0544, "Engine Bearings and Crankshafts".