(1) Connecting Rod Bolts
Note: Apply engine oil to the connecting rod bolts and lightly screw the bolts in by hand, then tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
|Tightening torque||Connecting rod bolts||C2.6 - 45 to 49 N·m (33 to 36 lb ft)
C3.3B - 69 to 73 N·m (51 to 54 lb ft)
Note: Since the inside diameter of the connecting rod small end bushing is the basis of this check, check the bushing for wear beforehand.
|Identification Color||Connecting rod||Crankpin bearing|
|Large-end inside diameter||Center wall thickness|
|Blue||C2.6 - 50.01 to 50.020 mm (1.96889 to 1.96929 inch)
C3.3B - 53.010 to 53.020 mm (2.0870 to 2.0874 inch)
|1.496 to 1.501 mm (0.05890 to 0.05909 inch)|
|Without color||C2.6 - 50.000 to 50.010 mm (1.96850 to 1.96889 inch)
C3.3B - 53.000 to 53.010 mm (2.0867 to 2.0870 inch)
|1.491 to 1.496 mm (0.05870 to 0.05889 inch)|
- Install the piston pin in the connecting rod.
- Install the connecting rod on the connecting rod alignment tool.
- Put a gauge over the piston pin, and move it against the face plate.
- If the gauge does not fit squarely against the face plate, measure the space between the pin of the gauge and the face plate.
Table 3 Connecting rod alignment Allowable limit 0.05 mm (0.002 inch)
- If the measurement exceeds the allowable limit, replace the connecting rod.