(1) Camshaft Mounting Bolts
|Tightening torque||Camshaft mounting bolts||24 to 27 N·m (18 to 20 lb ft)|
- Set a dial indicator with its tip on the camshaft.
(A) Side Clearance of Camshaft
(2) Camshaft Gear
- Measure the side clearance by moving the camshaft gear to the front and rear.
Table 2 Side clearance of camshaft Allowable limit 0.10 mm (0.0039 inch)
- If the measurement exceeds the allowable limit, replace the camshaft bearing.
- Support the camshaft with V block on the surface plate and set a dial indicator with its tip on the intermediate journal at right angle.
- Rotate the camshaft on the V blocks and get the misalignment (half of the measurement value).
Table 3 Camshaft alignment Allowable limit 0.01 mm (0.0004 inch)
- If the misalignment exceeds the allowable limit, replace the camshaft.
- Measure the height of the camshaft at its highest point with an outside micrometer.
Table 4 Intake and exhaust camshaft height New Intake valve C2.6 -
32.56 mm (1.28189 inch)
C3.3B - 37.50 mm (1.476 inch)
Exhaust valve C2.6 -
33.00 mm (1.29921 inch)
C3.3B - 37.90 mm (1.492 inch)
Allowable limit Intake valve C2.6 -
32.10 mm (1.26378 inch)
C3.3B - 37.00 mm (1.457 inch)
Exhaust valve C2.6 -
32.50 mm (1.27953 inch)
C3.3B - 37.40 mm (1.472 inch)
- If the measurement is less than the allowable limit, replace the camshaft.
- Measure the camshaft journal outside diameter with an outside micrometer.
(4) Camshaft Journal 1
(5) Camshaft Journal 2
- Measure the cylinder block bore inside diameter for camshaft with an inside micrometer.
Table 5 Camshaft journal 1 outside diameter New 34.934 to 34.950 mm (1.3754 to 1.3759 inch) Cylinder block bore 1 inside diameter New 35.000 to 35.025 mm (1.3780 to 1.3789 inch) Camshaft journal 2 outside diameter New C2.6 - 41.934 to 41.950 mm (1.65094 to 1.65157 inch)
C3.3B - 43.934 to 43.950 mm (1.7297 to 1.7303 inch)
Cylinder block bore 2 inside diameter New C2.6 - 42.000 to 42.025 mm (1.65354 to 1.65452 inch)
C3.3B - 44.000 to 44.025 mm (1.7323 to 1.7332 inch)
Table 6 Oil clearance between camshaft journal and cylinder block bore New 0.050 to 0.091 mm (0.0020 to 0.0035 inch) Allowable limit 0.15 mm (0.0059 inch)
- If the clearance exceeds the allowable limit, replace the camshaft.