- Ensure that the injection timing aligns with mark of the injection pump unit and the flywheel housing align. Refer to Illustration 1.
- Remove the injector lines.
- Remove the stop solenoid.
- Turn the flywheel in the counterclockwise direction. Fuel must fill up to the hole of the delivery valve holder for the No. 1 cylinder.
View of filled delivery valve passage
- After fuel fills the hole of the delivery valve holder for the No. 1 cylinder, rotate the flywheel in the clockwise direction 90 degrees.
- Rotate the flywheel in the counterclockwise direction to 10 degrees before top center.
- Continue to rotate the flywheel slowly in the counterclockwise direction. Stop rotating the flywheel when fuel begins to come up in order to get injection timing.
- Check the degree mark on the flywheel. The flywheel has an identification mark for the crank angle before the top center of the No. 1 piston.
Location of timing window
View of correctly aligned top center mark
- Rotate the injection pump to adjust the injection timing, if the injection timing is not within specification.
Injection pump timing ... .00960 rad before TDC to .0235 rad after TDC