|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the air cleaner
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the radiator and hydraulic oil cooler.
- Tilt the cab.
- Mark the position of the mass air flow sensor (2) for installation purposes. Disconnect harness assembly (3) that is located on the mass air flow sensor.
The orientation of the mass air flow sensor is critical to engine performance. A failure to orientate the mass airflow sensor correctly could result in fault codes.
- Disconnect the two 80 pin connectors (12) from the ECM. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Electronic Control Module - Remove and Install" for the correct procedure.
Review the procedure before removing or installing the engine ECM connectors. Do not force the connectors onto the ECM. Do not force the lever in to lock. A failure to follow the instructions below will cause damage to the ECM pins, may create various fault codes, and may require ECM replacement.
- Disconnect harness assembly (13) . Secure the engine harness to the engine.
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to engine (15) . The weight of engine (15) is approximately 329 kg (725 lb).