Conditions Which Generate This Code:
This diagnostic code is associated with the Bucket Tilt Up Solenoid Valve. The FMI 13 means that the ECM has determined that the solenoid needs calibration. Once the calibration for the solenoid valve has been performed successfully, this diagnostic code will disappear. This failure is active on a new ECM.
Possible causes of this diagnostic code are listed below:
- The ECM has been replaced or new software has been installed.
- The calibration procedure has failed.
The deadband in the control lever may be excessive. The operation of the control lever may be jerky.
Note: Ensure that you have repaired any condition that would cause other active diagnostic codes that are related to this solenoid. For example, the CID 0357 FMI 03, FMI 05 and FMI 06 are not active when the CID 0357 FMI 13 is active. If the other diagnostic codes are active, troubleshoot those codes first. Then perform this procedure.
Note: Ensure that the diagnostic code of CID 0357 FMI 13 is active before performing this procedure.
Test Step 1. CHECK THE CALIBRATION
- Perform the calibration procedure. Refer to the Testing and Adjusting section of this Service Manual for the correct procedure.
- Observe the status of the CID 0357 FMI 13.
The CID 0357 FMI 13 is active.
- YES - The CID 0357 FMI 13 is active. The diagnostic code has not been corrected. Verify that the correct software has been flashed into the ECM, or that the correct ECM is installed on the machine. Then repeat the calibration.
Repair: If the diagnostic code is still active and the cause of the diagnostic code is not found replace the ECM. It is unlikely that the ECM has failed. Exit this procedure and perform this procedure again. If the cause of the diagnostic code is not found, replace the ECM. See Testing and Adjusting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".
- NO - The CID 0357 FMI 13 is not active. The calibration corrected the condition that caused the diagnostic code.
Repair: Resume normal operation.