This test is performed to insure that the ride control is activating properly.
Before any tests are performed, visually inspect the complete hydraulic system for oil leaks and damaged parts. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Visual Inspection". Before any tests are performed, prepare the machine for troubleshooting. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Machine Preparation for Troubleshooting".
Note: The test should be performed with an empty 1828 mm (72 inch) general-purpose bucket on the machine.
Note: Hydraulic oil temperature should be 50° ± 10°C (122° ± 18°F).
- Fasten the seat belt. Lower the armrests.
- Start the engine. Disengage the parking brake. Run the engine at High Idle.
- Raise the lift arms to approximately 178 ± 25 mm (7 ± 1 inch) from the stops for the lift arms.
- Drive the machine forward until ride control activation speed is attained and the indicator for the ride control illuminates.
- Observe the lift arms for a downward movement of approximately 64 ± 13 mm (2.5 ± 0.5 inch). The movement indicates that the ride control system is functional.