- Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Battery or Battery Cable - Inspect/Replace"
- Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Radiator Tilting".
- Engine harness disconnect procedure.
- Harness connectors (1) are color coded. Put identification marks on the connectors for installation purposes.
- Push lever (3) forward to the pre-lock position.
Note: The lever must be pushed fully forward to be in the pre-lock position.
Illustration 3 g02833796
- While pushing lever (3) forward, grip the connector evenly and pull harness connector (1) straight outward.
Review the following procedure before removing and installing the Engine ECM connectors. Do not force the connector onto the ECM. Do not force the lever into the lock. Failure to follow the instructions below will cause damage to the ECM pins, may create various faults, and may require ECM replacement.
- Engine harness connect procedure.
- Harness connectors (1) are color coded.
- Ensure that the aligning key features of harness connector (1) are aligned with the receptacle on the electronic control module.
Illustration 7 g02834216 Illustration 8 g02834240
- Position harness connector (1) and press firmly until lever (3) moves slightly forward.
- Press lever (3) backward until harness connector (1) is fully engaged with the receptacle on the electronic control module.
Note: The lever action should be smooth and continuous. Do not attempt to force the lever or damage to the connector or the electronic control module can occur.
Illustration 9 g02834442 Illustration 10 g02834456