Connections for the Communication Adapter 3 and Caterpillar Electronic Technician (Cat ET)
The components that are needed to use the Communication Adapter II and Cat ET to determine diagnostic codes are listed:
(1) Current version of Cat ET software
(2) 317-7484 Communication adapter Gp
(3) Service diagnostic cable
Caterpillar Electronic Technician (Cat ET) is a software program that is used to access data. The service technician will use theCat ET in order to perform the maintenance on the vehicle. Some of the options that are available with the Cat ET are listed below:
- Diagnosis of problems
- Viewing diagnostic trouble codes
- Viewing active event codes and logged event codes
- View the status of parameters.
- Clear active diagnostic trouble codes and clear logged diagnostic trouble codes
- Perform calibration of machine systems.
- Program the ECU (Flash) with the "WINflash" program. Refer toTesting and Adjusting, "Electronic Control Unit - Flash Program".
- Print reports.
See Troubleshooting, "Determining Diagnostic Trouble Codes". Diagnostic information is accessed with the following drop-down menus:
- Active diagnostic trouble codes
- Logged diagnostic trouble codes
Typical Cat ET screen for parameters
The status groups are lists of machine parameters. The status of the parameters is shown in real time.