- Thread connector assembly (1) by hand before additional tightening.
- Torque the connector assembly (1) to 48 ± 5 N·m (35 ± 4 lb ft).
- Align the two nuts on tube assembly (2) to the fuel pump (4) and the connector assembly (1) .
Note: Use a wrench on the connector assembly and a wrench on the nut in order to tighten the nut.
- Torque the two nuts on tube assembly (2) to 40 ± 4 N·m (30 ± 3 lb ft).
- Hold the elbow assembly on the fuel pump in position with a second wrench. Torque the jam nut to 24 ± 2 N·m (18 ± 1 lb ft).
- Install the port connection into the low pressure port of the unit injector hydraulic pump.
- Tighten the tube connection (5) to the port connector.
- Tighten the base of the tube assembly (6) onto the engine block.
- Torque the fittings to the standard torque.