|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the unit injector hydraulic pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Unit Injector Hydraulic Pump – Remove”.
Note: Tooling (A) is required for replacement of the fuel transfer pump.
|Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, “Caterpillar Dealer Service Tool Catalog” for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Caterpillar products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Mount the unit injector hydraulic pump in a vertical position on a work bench.Note: Failure to maintain a vertical position results in misalignment of the internal components.
- Remove bolts (3) .
- Remove tie bolt (1) that is located in the top left corner of the pump first.
- Replace tie bolt (1) with Tooling (A) .Note: Tooling (A) has an undersized bolt head. Tooling (A) will prevent the body of the unit injector hydraulic pump from separating during service.
- Tighten Tooling (A) to a torque of 10 N·m (89 lb in).
- Start with tie bolt (4) in the lower left corner and remove the remainder of the bolts from fuel transfer pump (2) .
- Remove fuel transfer pump (2) .