- Remove the turbocharger. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Turbocharger – Remove”.
|Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Remove bolts (1) , the washers, and spacers (2) .
- Remove the exhaust manifold assembly and the gaskets from the cylinder head assembly.
- Disassemble the exhaust manifold assembly into three pieces (3) , (4) , and (5) .
|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|B||2P-2333||High Temperature Sealer||–|
- Apply Tooling (B) when pieces (3) , (4) , and (5) are assembled into the exhaust manifold assembly.Note: Remove excess sealer from assembled joints.
- Apply Tooling (A) to bolts (1) .
- Install the new gaskets with the tabs upward. Position the gaskets and the exhaust manifold assembly on the cylinder head assembly. Install spacers (2) , the washers, and bolts (1) .