|Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Ensure that all of the parts of the engine oil pump are thoroughly clean prior to assembly.Note: Lubricate all internal parts of the engine oil pump with clean engine oil.
- Use a suitable press to drive gear (7) on the shaft assembly until drive gear (7) is flush with the end of the shaft assembly.
- Install shaft (6) in oil pump body assembly (8). Install sleeve bearing (9) in idler gear (5). Install sleeve bearing (9) so the distance between the hub bolt face of idler gear (5) and sleeve bearing (9) is 0.75 ± 0.25 mm (0.030 ± 0.010 inch).
- Install idler gear (5) on shaft (6). Install washer (4) and bolt (3). Tighten bolt (3) to a torque of 70 ± 15 N·m (52 ± 11 lb ft).
- Check the condition of the gasket that is used in oil pickup tube (2). If the gasket is damaged, replace the gasket. Install the gasket and oil pickup tube (2) .
- Check the condition of the O-ring seal that is used in outlet elbow (1). If the O-ring seal is damaged, replace the O-ring seal. Install the O-ring seal and outlet elbow (1) .
End By: Install the engine oil pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Engine Oil Pump – Install”.