Note: Replacement rear seals are supplied with a wear sleeve. This wear sleeve must be installed with the rear seal. New engines from the factory do not have a wear sleeve. Do not install the rear seal if any of the following conditions exist:
- The crankshaft rear seal has been separated from the wear sleeve.
- The rear seal group appears to be damaged.
- The crankshaft rear seal has been lubricated. The seal is designed to be installed dry.
- Ensure that the rear of the crankshaft is thoroughly clean and dry prior to the installation of the crankshaft rear seal.
- Use Tooling (E) to install crankshaft rear seal (1) .
End By: Install the flywheel. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Flywheel – Remove and Install”.