Remove the engine oil pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Engine Oil Pump – Remove”.
- Remove bolts (1) that hold crankshaft main bearing cap (2). Remove crankshaft main bearing cap (2) .
- Remove the lower half of the crankshaft main bearing from crankshaft main bearing cap (2) .
Use the following steps in order to remove the upper half of crankshaft main bearings:
- Turn the crankshaft until Tooling (A) can be installed in the crankshaft journal. Install Tooling (A) .
- Turn the crankshaft in order to remove the upper half of the crankshaft main bearing. Tooling (A) must first contact the crankshaft main bearing opposite the tab end of the crankshaft main bearing. In order to get the tab out first, the crankshaft must be turned in the correct direction.
- Check the condition of the crankshaft main bearings. Refer to the Guideline For Reusable Parts, SEBF8009, “Main and Connecting Rod Bearings” or refer to the Guideline For Reusable Parts, SEBV0544, “Engine Bearings and Crankshafts”.