- Remove the camshaft. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Camshaft – Remove”.
- Wrap the camshaft with a protective covering in order to prevent damage to the camshaft.
|Do not allow the camshaft to fall to the floor when pressing it from the drive gear. Also make sure that the camshaft lobes do not catch on the press plates.|
- Place the camshaft assembly in a suitable press. Press camshaft (2) from camshaft gear (1) .
- If necessary, remove key (3) from the camshaft.
Raise the temperature of the camshaft gear.
Note: Do not use a torch to heat the camshaft gear.
- Align key (3) in the camshaft with the groove (keyway) in the camshaft gear.
- Install camshaft gear (1) on the end of camshaft (2) .
End By: Install the camshaft. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Camshaft – Install”.