Illustration 2 g00293197
Location of the oil gallery plug
(1) Oil gallery plug
Illustration 3 g02475876
(2) Alternate location of the oil gallery plug
- Install the 1U-5470 Engine Pressure Group into oil gallery plug (1) .Note: Engine oil pressure to the camshaft and main bearings should be checked on each side of the cylinder block at oil gallery plug (1) .
- Start the engine. Run the engine with SAE 10W30 or SAE 15W40 oil. The information in the engine oil pressure graph is invalid for other oil viscosities. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, “Lubricant Viscosities” for the recommendations of engine oil.
Note: Allow the engine to reach operating temperature before you perform the pressure test.
- Record the value of the engine oil pressure from pressure testing port when the engine has reached operating temperature.
- Locate the point that intersects the lines for the engine rpm and for the oil pressure on the engine oil pressure graph.
Illustration 4 g00293198
Engine oil pressure graph