Remove & Install Fuel Transfer Pump
Fluid Spillage Containment
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids. Refer to “Tools And Shop Products Guide”, NENG2500 for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in Caterpillar machines. Dispose of fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Remove fuel line (1) and (2) from the fuel transfer pump.
2. Plug and cap all openings to prevent fuel system contamination.
3. Remove bolts (3) and fuel transfer pump (4).
4. Check the condition of O-ring seal (5) on the fuel transfer pump. If O-ring seal (5) is worn or damaged, use a new part for replacement.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the fuel transfer pump.
5. Be sure the O-ring seal is in position on the fuel transfer pump. Put clean engine oil on the O-ring seal.
6. Put fuel transfer pump (4) in position, and install bolts (3) that hold it in place.
7. Remove the caps from the fuel line openings. Install fuel lines (1) and (2).