Remove & Install Oil Filter & Base
Fluid Spillage Containment
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids. Refer to “Tools And Shop Products Guide”, NENG2500 for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in Caterpillar machines. Dispose of fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Remove plug (1), and drain the oil from the oil filter base.
2. Use Tool (A), and remove oil filter (2).
3. Remove four bolts (5) that hold the oil filter base to the oil cooler and six bolts (4) that hold the oil filter base to the cylinder block.
4. Disconnect turbocharger oil line (3).
5. Remove oil filter base (6).
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the oil filter and base.
6. Make sure the O-ring seals are in place on the oil filter base, and put oil filter base (6) in position on the oil cooler and the cylinder block.
7. Install six bolts (4) that hold the oil filter base to the cylinder block.
8. Install four bolts (5) that hold the oil filter base to the oil cooler.
9. Connect turbocharger oil line (3).
10. Install the oil filter on the base. Follow the installation procedure on the oil filter.
11. Install plug (1).
12. Check the engine oil level. See the Operation & Maintenance Manual.