Disassemble & Assemble Oil Filter Base
a. remove oil filter and base
Fluid Spillage Containment
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids. Refer to “Tools And Shop Products Guide”, NENG2500 for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in Caterpillar machines. Dispose of fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Remove two covers (1) that hold the valves in the oil filter base.
2. Remove spring (5) and bypass valve (3) for the oil cooler. Remove spring (4) and valve (2) for the oil filter. Put identification marks on the two springs and valves as to their location in the base.
NOTE: The following steps are for assembly of the oil filter base.
3. Inspect all O-ring seals, and make replacements if needed.
NOTE: Be sure to install valve (2) and bypass valve (3) in their respective locations in the oil filter base.
4. Install valve (2) and spring (4) for the oil filter.
5. Install bypass valve (3) and spring (5) for the oil cooler.
6. Install covers (1).
a. install oil filter and base