8M2743 Gauge,3B6483 Cap,two 3B9389 Shutoff cocks,three 3B7263 Pipe Nipples,three 1F9369 Tees,two 3B7733 Nipples,8S4627 Circuit Tester, and hoses with fittings for adapting as illustrated.
1. Disconnect oil supply line to contactor and install pressure gauge as shown.
2. With both shutoff cocks closed, start the engine and run at low idle.
3. Open supply shutoff cock (6) slowly and note pressure at which contactor switch opens. On automatic start-stop this should be at 22 psi (1,5 kg/cm2) when the starter magnetic switch is de-energized and where contactor has control knob, contacts should open at 12 psi (0,8 kg/cm2).
NOTE: Connect ohmmeter of circuit tester if desired.
TESTING OIL PRESSURE CONTACTOR SWITCH
1. 8M2743 Gauge. 2. 3B7263 Nipples. 3. 3B6483 Cap. 4. Oil supply line. 5. 3B9389 Shutoff cock (oil dump line). 6. 3B9389 Shutoff cock (supply line). 7. Oil dump line hose. 8. 1F9369 Tee. 9. 3B7733 Nipple. 10. Oil pressure contactor.
4. Close shutoff cock (6) and slowly lower pressure by use of shutoff cock (5) until contactor switch closes. Closing pressure setting should be on automatic start-stop contactors 10 psi (0,7 kg/cm2) and where contactor has control knob, contacts should open at 8 psi (0,6 kg/cm2).
5. Adjust or replace contactor if necessary. To adjust, decrease tension on main spring (12) by turning adjusting screw (11) counterclockwise. Open and close shutoff cocks until pressure on gauge indicates desired closing pressure. Turn knob to RUN position, if so equipped; turn adjusting screw (11) clockwise just to point where contacts close.
OIL PRESSURE CONTACTOR
11. Adjusting screw. 12. Main spring.
6. Repeat Step 4. Engine should shut down or alarm sound at closing pressure setting.
7. To test only the system beyond the contactor:
a. On contactors with control knob, turn the knob to the ON position.
b. On all other type oil pressure contactors, jumper between the C and NC terminals simulates contactor operation.
A. White tab connect automatic start-stop TS1-1 (starter magnetic switch). B. Red tab connect battery or TS1-7. C. Blue tab connect rack solenoid or TS1-8.
Adjusting Micro Switch Type
1. Adjust or replace contactor if necessary. To adjust, loosen lock nut (16), increase or decrease tension on spring (15) by turning adjusting screw (14). Open and close shutoff cocks until pressure on gauge indicates desired pressure for contact action.
OIL PRESSURE CONTACTOR ADJUSTMENT
13. Set-for-start button. 14. Adjustment screw. 15. Spring. 16. Locknut. 17. Contact button.
2. Adjust spring tension so switch contact button (17) acts at the desired pressure shown in the chart.
When equipped with a set-for-start button, (13) the button will be released at the rising pressure shown in the chart.
WIRING CONNECTION (Micro Switch Type)
D. Terminal B (normally closed) connect rack solenoid or TS1-8. E. Terminal W (normally open), connect automatic start-stop TS1-1 (starter magnetic switch). F. Terminal R (common), connect battery or TS1-7.