9S240 Rack Positioning Tool Group.8S7115 Wire.8S8159 Seals. 8S8157 Sealing Tool.1P2385 Protractor Tool.
PARTS OF 9S240 RACK POSITIONING TOOL GROUP
1. 8S4627 Circuit Tester. 2. 9S8518 Plug. 3. 9S8521 Rod. 4. 9S215 Dial Indicator. 5. 9S7350 Rack Positioning Bracket Group.
Either 9S7350 or 9S238 Rack Positioning Bracket Group makes it possible to set the rack, or measure rack position, during normal operation of the engine. The ability to observe rack position during operation, can provide most of the needed data to determine actual horsepower output and diagnose the cause for lack of power.
1. Refer to the RACK SETTING INFORMATION to obtain the correct rack setting dimension.
2. Disconnect the governor control linkage, so the governor control lever can be moved throughout its entire travel.
3. Remove the fuel rack cover and gasket from the front of the flange of the accessory drive housing.
4. Install rack positioning bracket group and dial indicator, over the opening for fuel rack cover on front flange of accessory drive housing.
5. Place spacer (6) over the rod in the bracket. Adjust the dial on the indicator to read zero when the hole attachment (7) is against the rod and the rod is against the spacer.
DIAL INDICATOR ADJUSTED TO ZERO READING (Typical Example)
6. Spacer. 7. Hole attachment.
6. Rotate the governor control lever in the fuel-on direction until the rack stop adjusting screw is contacted. Rack setting can be read at this time on the 9S215 Dial Indicator.
7. To adjust the rack setting, break the seal on the rack stop adjusting screw cover, remove the cover and loosen locknut (9). With a screwdriver, adjust screw (8) clockwise to decrease rack travel. Hold the lever (10) so the rack stop screw is contacted when reading the rack travel on the 9S215 Dial Indicator.
8. After the rack stop screw is properly adjusted, tighten locknut (9), install cover and seal.
ADJUSTING RACK SETTING (D330C and D333C Engines Illustrated)
8. Rack stop adjusting screw. 9. Locknut. 10. Lever.