8S5417 Timing Fixture Plate,8S2264 Puller Group,8S8375 Sleeve,8B7561 Step Plate,two 3/8 in. 24-NF Bolts,3.50 in. (88.9 mm) long and two flat washers.
1. Put No.1 piston at top center (TC) on the compression position. Make reference to FINDING TOP CENTER COMPRESSION POSITION FOR NO.1 PISTON.
2. Remove the injection pump housing from the engine.
3. Install the 8S5417 Timing Fixture Plate on the rear face of the accessory housing, dowels aligned and bolts installed as illustrated.
8S5417 TIMING FIXTURE PLATE INSTALLED
NOTE: If the timing fixture plate can be installed, the timing is correct. If the timing fixture plate can not be installed, use the following procedure.
4. Remove cover (1).
REMOVAL OF COVER
5. Remove the nut and washer that hold the accessory drive gear on the accessory drive shaft.
6. Use the tools as illustrated and make the accessory drive gear loose on the accessory drive shaft.
Tools Needed: 8S2264 Puller Group, 8S8375 Sleeve, 8B7561 Step Plate, two 3/8 in. 24-NF Bolts, 3.50 in. (88.9 mm) long and two flat washers.
7. Remove the puller tools and turn the accessory drive shaft in the direction necessary to install the 8S5417 Timing Fixture Plate.
TURNING THE ACCESSORY DRIVE SHAFT
8. With the 8S5417 Timing Fixture Plate installed correctly, put the washer on the accessory drive shaft with the large diameter against the gear. Install the nut and tighten the nut to 100 ± 10 lb. ft. (13.8 ± 1.4 mkg).
9. Remove the 8S5417 Timing Fixture Plate and install cover (1).
10. Turn the camshaft of the injection pump so it is in alignment with the end of the accessory drive shaft. Install the injection pump housing on the engine. Make all necessary connections and installation of components that were removed or disconnected.
11. The injection pump camshaft is now timed to No.1 cylinder.