Remove Fuel Injection Pump
a) remove fuel injection pump housing and governor
1. Put the pump housing in position on tool (A). Remove cover (1) from the pump housing.
2. Loosen the bushing from the pump housing with tool (B).
NOTE: Do not loosen screws (2). If the screws are loosened, the fuel pump adjustment will be changed.
3. Remove the fuel injection pump from the housing. The sleeve on the plunger will slide off the lever as the pump is removed.
NOTE: Keep the plunger and sleeve with their respective barrel for installation. Do not use plunger, sleeves or barrels with other plungers, sleeves or barrels.
Install Fuel Injection Pumps
1. Put the fuel injection pump in the bore in the pump housing so sleeve (1) is engaged with lever (2).
2. Tighten the bushing for the fuel pump with wrench (B) to a torque of 70 ± 5 lb.ft. (95 ± 7 N·m).
3. Install cover (3) and make sure the spring is in the correct position in the cover.
4. Remove pump housing from tool (A).
a) install fuel injection pump housing and governor
Disassemble Fuel Injection Pumps
a) remove fuel injection pumps
1. Remove bushing (1) and seal (7) from bonnet (2).
2. Remove ring (4) from the bonnet and barrel (9). Remove check valve (3) and spring (8) from the bonnet.
3. Remove spring (10) and washer (5). Remove plunger (11) and sleeve (6).
NOTE: Keep the plunger and sleeve with their respective barrel for installation. Do not use plungers, sleeves or barrels with other plungers, sleeves or barrels.
Assemble Fuel Injection Pumps
1. Install sleeve (4), plunger (5), spring (2) and washer (3) on barrel (1).
NOTE: Be sure the sleeve and plunger are installed in their original barrel. Make sure the large hole in the plunger is up.
2. Install the check valve and spring in the bonnet. Connect the barrel and bonnet and install the ring. Install the seal and bushing on the bonnet.
a) install fuel injection pumps