Remove Expansion Tank And Heat Exchanger (Marine Engine)
1. Remove coolant from the engine cooling system.
2. Remove the sea water from the system.
3. Remove bolts (2) from support (3) on the expansion tank bonnet.
4. Disconnect vent line (1) from expansion tank.
5. Loosen clamps (4) on the expansion tank inlet lines.
6. Remove two bolts (6) from the inlet elbow (5). Remove gasket and loosen hose clamp (7).
7. Fasten a strap and hoist to the expansion tank.
8. Remove six bolts (8) that fasten the expansion tank to bracket assembly. Remove the expansion tank and heat exchanger (9). Weight of expansion tank and heat exchanger is 150 lb. (68 kg).
Install Expansion Tank And Heat Exchanger (Marine Engine)
1. Put the expansion tank (1) and heat exchanger in position on the bracket assembly and install six bolts.
2. Make a replacement of the elbow gasket (2) if necessary, and install inlet elbow (4) in position on the expansion tank. Tighten hose clamp (3).
3. Install hoses and clamps (5) on the inlet tube assemblies.
4. Install support (7) on the timing gear cover and the expansion tank bonnet.
5. Install the vent line (6) to the expansion tank.
6. Fill the engine cooling system with coolant to the correct level.