Remove Water Temperature Regulators
Fluid Spillage Containment
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids. Refer to “Tools And Shop Products Guide”, NENG2500 for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in Caterpillar machines. Dispose fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Remove bolts (1). Remove elbow (2) and the gasket from the timing gear cover.
2. Remove water temperature regulators (3) from the timing gear cover.
Install Water Temperature Regulators
Be sure the water temperature regulators are installed correctly. If the regulators are not installed correctly, engine overheating will result.
1. Install water temperature regulators (1) in timing gear cover as shown.
2. Install the gasket and elbow (2) on the timing gear cover.
3. Install bolts (1) that hold elbow (2) in place.