Remove Fuel Filter & Fuel Filter Base
Fluid Spillage Containment
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids. Refer to “Tools And Shop Products Guide”, NENG2500 for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in Caterpillar machines. Dispose fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Disconnect lines (1), (2) and (3) from the base. Cap and plug all openings immediately.
2. Use a suitable strap wrench to remove fuel canister (6) and the element.
3. Remove bolts (4) to remove fuel filter base (5).
Install Fuel Filter & Fuel Filter Base
1. Install fuel filter base (2) and bolts (1).
2. Install fuel filter canister (3) and the element following the instructions on the fuel filter canister.
3. Connect lines (4), (5) and (6) to the fuel filter base.