Remove Engine Oil Cooler And Oil Filter Base
NOTE: It is not necessary to remove the oil pan.
1. Remove the coolant from the cooling system.
2. Use tooling (A) to remove oil filter (2).
3. Loosen clamps (1) and disconnect the hoses.
4. Remove bolt (4) and three bolts from behind the oil cooler.
5. Remove oil filter base and engine oil cooler (3) as a unit.
Install Engine Oil Cooler And Oil Filter Base
1. Inspect the O-ring seals in the oil filter base. Install new seals if needed. Put oil on the seal.
2. Put oil filter base and oil cooler (1) in position on the engine.
3. Install the four bolts that hold the oil cooler in place.
4. Connect the two hoses and install clamps (2).
5. Install oil filters (3). See the instructions on the oil filter.
Disassemble Engine Oil Cooler And Oil Filter Base
a) remove engine oil cooler and oil filter base
1. Remove bolts (1) and make a separation of cover (2) from the oil filter base.
2. Remove nuts (3) and make a separation of the oil cooler from oil filter base (4).
3. Remove divider (6) from oil cooler (5).
4. Remove plug (9), spring (8) and bypass valve (7).
5. Remove plug (12), spring (11) and bypass valve (10) from the oil filter base.
Assemble Engine Oil Cooler And Oil Filter Base
1. Put valve (1) and spring (2) in position in oil filter base (4).
2. Install plug (3).
3. Put the valve and spring (5) in position and install plug (6).
4. Put divider (7) in position between the fifth and sixth plates from the flange and on the same end as the short stud.
5. Install oil filter base (4) in position on oil cooler (8) and install the nuts. Tighten the nuts to a torque of 16 ± 2 lb.ft. (22 ± 3 N·m).
6. Install the gasket, cover (9) and the bolts.
a) install engine oil cooler and oil filter base