Disassemble Rocker Shaft Assemblies
a. remove rocker shaft assemblies and push rods
1. Remove bolts (1), locks (2) and the washers from each end of the rocker shaft.
2. Remove shaft (3) from bracket (4).
3. Remove rocker arm assemblies (7) and the washers from shaft (3).
4. Remove screw (5) and nut (6) from rocker arm assemblies (7).
Assemble Rocker Shaft Assemblies
1. Make sure the oil holes in the rocker arm assemblies, rocker shaft and bracket are clean and free of all dirt and foreign material.
2. Measure the bore of the bushing in each of the rocker arms. The bore must be 21.852 ± 0.020 mm (.8603 ± .0008 in). The maximum permissible bore is 21.920 mm (.8630 in).
NOTE: Make a replacement of the arm and bushing as a unit if the bore is not correct. The arms and bushings cannot be ordered separately.
3. Measure the diameter of the shaft at each of the rocker arm locations. The diameter must be 21.793 to 21.814 mm (.8580 to .8588 in). The minimum permissible diameter is 21.768 mm (.8570 in).
4. Install the screws and nuts (2) into rocker arm assemblies (4). Turn the screws until they are 11.2 mm (.44 in)below the bottom of the rocker arm assemblies.
5. Install the rocker arm assemblies and washers (3) on shaft (1) as shown.
6. Put shaft (1) and the rocker arm assemblies in position on bracket (5) with the adjustment screws on the same side as the oil hole on the bottom of the bracket.
7. Make sure the flat surfaces on shaft (1) are turned up. Install locks (7), the washers and bolts (6). Tighten the bolts to a torque of 24 ± 7 N·m (18 ± 5 lb ft).
a. install rocker shaft assemblies and push rods