Remove & Install Rocker Shaft Assemblies & Push Rods
a. remove fuel injection nozzles
1. Remove four bolts (3) and rocker shaft assembly (1) from the cylinder head assembly.
2. Put identification marks on the push rods as to their location in the engine. Remove push rods (2).
3. Inspect all components, and make any replacements if necessary.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the rocker shaft assemblies and push rods.
NOTE: Install the push rods in their original locating in the engine. New push rods can be mixed.
4. Install push rods (2). Put rocker shaft assembly (1) in position on the engine. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 24 ± 7 N·m (18 ± 5 lb ft).
5. Make an adjustment until the inlet valve clearance is 0.38 mm (.015 in)and the exhaust valve clearance is 0.64 mm (.025 in). Tighten the locknuts to a torque of 30 ± 7 N·m (24 ± 5 lb ft). For the valve adjustment procedures, see the topic “Valve Lash Setting” in the Systems Operation Testing & Adjusting Manual.
a. install fuel injection nozzles