|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|B||Variable Power Supply||1|
- Remove the alternator. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Alternator – Remove” for the machine that is being serviced.
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before the disassembly procedure, the exterior of the component should be thoroughly cleaned. This will help to prevent dirt from entering the internal mechanism.
- Remove the pulley nut, the washer, the pulley, and the fan.
- Remove nut (7) .
Note: The regulator and the mounting plate are coated with dielectric grease. If the grease is removed, reapply the grease.
- Remove regulator (9) .
- Remove mounting plate (10). The mounting plate may be stuck to the regulator.
- Remove 3 nuts (15). Disconnect 3 stator phase leads. Disconnect 3 phase leads. Disconnect 6 diode leads.
Table 2 Alternator Ground Current Flow of the Output Diodes Current Flow of the Ground Diodes Negative Lead to the Heat Sink Housing to the Lead Red Wire Black Wire
Note: The 3 output diodes (11) are located in heat sink (12). These diodes are identical in polarity. Diode (11) has red insulation on the wire. The 3 ground diodes (13) are located in housing (14). These diodes are identical in polarity. Diode (13) has black insulation on the wire.
- If the “R” terminal is used, remove the following components: nut (20), lead (21), the washer and terminal (21) .
- Remove the nut and washer (25). Remove insulator (26). Remove alternator output terminal (27) .
- Remove separator (28) .