1. Remove the regulator from the engine.
2. Heat water in a pan until the temperature is 94°C (202°F). Move the water around in the pan to make it all the same temperature.
3. Hang the regulator in the pan of water. The regulator must be below the surface of the water and it must be away from the sides and bottom of the pan.
4. Keep the water at the correct temperature for ten minutes.
5. After ten minutes, remove the regulator and immediately measure the distance the regulator has opened. Refer to the Specifications in this service manual for the minimum opening length.
6. If the distance is less than the minimum opening length from the specifications section in this service manual then replace the regulator.