3116 and 3126 Truck Engines Testing Radiator And Cooling System For Leaks
To test the radiator and cooling system for leaks, use the procedure that follows:
1. Remove the pressure cap from the radiator.
2. Make sure the coolant is over the top of the radiator core.
3. Put the 9S8140 Cooling System Pressurizing Pump Group on the radiator.
4. Get the pressure reading on the gauge to 20 kPa (3 psi) more than the pressure on the pressure cap.
5. Check the radiator for outside leakage.
6. Check all connections and hoses for the cooling system for outside leakage.
7. If you do not see any outside leakage and the pressure reading on the gauge is still the same after 5 minutes, the radiator and cooling system does not have leakage. If the reading on the gauge goes down and you do not see any leakage, there is leakage on the inside of the cooling system. Make repairs as necessary.Categories: 3126 | Tags: 3100 HEUI, 3116, 3126, cooling, leaks, radiator | Leave a comment