3116 and 3126 Truck Engines Problem No Charging Current, Or Low Or Irregular Charging Current
* Loose Drive Belt For Alternator
* Charging Or Ground Return Circuit Or Battery Connections Have A Defect
* Alternator Regulator Has A Defect
* Alternator Brushes Have A Defect
* Rectifier Diodes Have A Defect
* Rotor (Field Coil) Has A Defect
1. Loosen drive belt for alternator:
Make an adjustment to put the correct tension on the drive belt.
2. Charging or ground return circuit or battery connections have a defect:
Inspect all cables and connections. Clean and tighten all connections. Make replacement of defective parts.
3. Alternator regulator has a defect:
Replace the alternator regulator.
4. Alternator brushes have a defect:
Install new brushes.
5. Rectifier diodes have a defect:
Make replacement of rectifier diode that has a defect.
6. Rotor (field coil) has a defect:
Install a new rotor.Categories: 3126 | Tags: 3100 HEUI, 3116, 3126, charging, troubleshooting | Leave a comment