* Failure Of The Oil Cooler Core
* Failure Of Cylinder Head Gasket
* Failure Of Seal Between Cylinder Head And Sleeve In Unit Injector Bore
* Crack Or Defect In Cylinder Head
* Crack Or Defect In Cylinder Block
1. Failure of the oil cooler core:
Install a new core for the defective oil cooler. Drain crankcase and refill with clean lubricant. Install new oil filter.
2. Failure of cylinder head gasket:
Remove the radiator cap then start the engine. Look for air bubbles in the coolant. Bubbles in the coolant are a sign of probable leakage at the head gasket. Remove the cylinder head from the engine. Check the cylinder head, cylinder walls and head gasket surface of the cylinder block for cracks. When installing the head, use a new head gasket. Tighten the bolts that hold the cylinder head according to the Specifications Section of the Service Manual.
3. Failure of seal between cylinder head and sleeve in unit injector bore:
Replace sleeve. Apply sealant per instruction in the Specifications Section of the Service Manual.
4. Crack or defect in cylinder head:
Install a new cylinder head.
5. Crack or defect in cylinder block:
Install a new cylinder block.