* Drive Belt For Alternator Is Worn Or Has A Defect
* Loose Alternator Drive Pulley
* Drive Belt And Drive Pulley For Alternator Are Not In Alignment
* Worn Alternator Bearings
1. Drive belt for alternator is worn or has a defect:
Install a new drive belt for the alternator.
2. Loosen alternator drive pulley:
Check key groove in pulley for wear. If groove is worn, install a new pulley. Tighten pulley nut according to the Specifications Section of the Service Manual.
3. Drive belt and drive pulley for alternator are not in alignment:
Make an adjustment to put drive belt and drive pulley in correct alignment.
4. Worn alternator bearings:
Install new bearings in the alternator, or replace alternator.