3116 and 3126 Truck Engines Engine Oil Pressure
All steps of this procedure must be followed for the pressure findings to be usable.
1. Be sure that the engine is filled to the correct level with SAE 10W-30 oil. If any other viscosity of oil is used, the information in the Engine Oil Pressure Graph does not necessarily apply.
2. Remove the oil pressure switch and connect the 1U5470 Engine Pressure Group to the main oil manifold at the location from which the oil pressure switch was removed.
3. Run the engine to get the engine oil temperature at 99°C (210°F).
NOTE: A 3°C (5°F) increase in temperature gives approximately 7 kPa (1 psi) decrease in engine oil pressure.
NOTE: Make sure engine oil temperature does not go above 115°C (239°F).
4. Keep the engine oil temperature constant with the engine at its rated rpm and read the pressure gauge.
5. On the Engine Oil Pressure Graph, find the point that the lines for engine rpm and oil pressure intersect (connect).
Categories: 3126 |
Tags: 3100 HEUI, 3116, 3126, oil pressure |
Leave a comment
6. If the results do not fall within the “ACCEPTABLE” pressure range given in the graph, find the cause and correct it. Engine failure or a reduction in engine life can be the result if engine operation is continued with oil manifold pressure outside this range.