Checking Bore Runout Of The Flywheel (Typical Example)
(1) 7H1945 Holding Rod (2) 7H1645 Holding Rod (3) 7H1942 Indicator (4) 7H1940 Universal Attachment
1. Install the dial indicator (3) and make an adjustment of the universal attachment (4) so it makes contact as shown.
2. Set the dial indicator to read “0” (zero).
3. Turn the flywheel and read the indicator every 90 degrees.
4. The difference between the lower and higher measurements taken at all four points must not be more than 0.15 mm (.006 in), which is the maximum permissible bore runout (radial eccentricity) of the flywheel.
5. Runout (eccentricity) of the bore for the pilot bearing for the flywheel clutch, must not exceed 0.13 mm (.005 in).
Checking Flywheel Clutch Pilot Bearing Bore