3116 and 3126 HEUI Truck Engines Battery Maintenance
Clean/Check Electrolyte Level
1. Remove the fill caps. Maintain the electrolyte level to the bottom of the fill cap openings.
If the addition of water is necessary, use distilled water. If distilled water is not available use clean water that is low in minerals. Do not use artificially softened water.
At the proper charging rate, the batteries should not require more than 30 cc (1 oz) of water per cell per week.
2. Keep the batteries clean.
3. Remove the cable terminals from the battery.
4. Clean the battery terminals and the cable terminals.
5. Attach the cable terminals to the battery terminals. Tighten the cable terminals.
6. Coat the cable terminals and the battery terminals with petroleum jelly or MPGM.Categories: 3126 | Tags: Battery | Leave a comment