3116 and 3126 HEUI Truck Engines Air-To-Air Aftercooler Maintenance
Depending on your findings and operating environment, the maintenance interval for cleaning the air-to-air aftercooler may be more frequent.
- * Check the front of the aftercooler for inspects, dirt and other debris. Clean the front of the aftercooler when required with a stainless steel brush and soapy water. Clean dirt and debris from between the aftercooler and radiator.
- * Inspect all of the air ducting and the gasket connections at each oil change. Constant torque hose clamps should be used to secure the ducting.
- * Check all of the welds for cracks. Check the mounting brackets to ensure the mounting brackets are secure and in good condition.
- * Examine fins for external damage, dirt, debris, salt corrosion, etc. Use a firm stainless steel brush to remove dirt, debris, salt, etc.
- * Use compressed air to clean core blockage due to dirt and debris.
NOTE: Whenever air-to-air aftercooler parts are repaired and/or replaced, a leak test is highly recommended. Refer to SEHS8622, Using the FT-1984 Air-To-Air Aftercooler Leak Test Group, or consult your Caterpillar dealer for assistance.Categories: 3126 | Leave a comment